* The Knight Frank Global House Price Index rose by 0.3% in the final quarter of 2012 and by 4.3% in the last 12 months;
* Hong Kong recorded the largest rise, here mainstream prices rose by 23.6% in 2012;
* Greece recorded the largest fall in mainstream prices for the second consecutive quarter, declining by 13.2% on average in 2012;
* Analysis by world region shows house prices in South America experienced the strongest growth in 2012, an increase of 8.4% on average;
* Mainstream property prices in Asia Pacific rose faster in 2012 than in 2011, increasing by 6.7% on average compared to 2.8% a year earlier.
Have your say on this story using the comment section below