1) The best reason for buying a new build home may sound obvious, but buying new means that no-one else will have lived there before. The house will be completely yours and you dont have to worry about stripping away that horrendous yellow wallpaper or knocking down that ugly fireplace before you get started putting your own stamp on the place. As the house is brand new you have a completely blank canvas to play with and you dont have to worry about having to clean up the mess left by the previous owners. Your new home will be clean and ready for you to move in without having to worry about refurbishment or repair. After all, you wouldnt want to wear second, third or even fourth hand shoes, so why buy an old house?
2) Your new house will perfectly suit your modern lifestyle. A lot of older buildings do not fit in with how we live in todays society. Some older houses dont utilise space in the best possible way and that is why most new build houses now feature larger kitchens, more luxurious bathrooms and en suites and open plan living spaces. New build houses are specially designed to accommodate modern living so every mod con will have been thought of in order to make your life more comfortable.
3) The problem with buying an older house is that you can never be completely sure about what you are buying. You can have all the surveys and inspections you want but sometimes things just go wrong with older houses. You may experience electrical problems or have to splash out on fixing dodgy plumbing and this can seriously dent your decorating budget. Most new build houses come with a ten year warranty so you can buy with a peace of mind that there wont be any nasty surprises.
4) Older homes tend to be poorly insulated and not very energy efficient. New Homes on the other hand, are more eco friendly and are built specifically to be more energy efficient than older properties, in some cases up to 4 times so! Insulating technology has come on a long way and new homes are fitted with the latest energy saving devices and insulation. The result is less money spent on energy bills and a smaller carbon footprint to boot!
5) New homes often come with state-of-the-art fitted kitchen and bathrooms and all the facilities you could want to turn your home into a home entertainment centre therefore your house will completely up-to-date.
6) Safety is paramount when building new homes. They often feature secure double glazed windows, fire resistant materials, circuit breakers and smoke alarms so you can rest assured that you are safe in your new home.
7) With older homes, maintenance can become a big problem. Old houses can spring leaks or become infested with pests and these can be costly issues to sort out. Investing in a new property means that once you have shelled out for the agreed price you dont need to worry about spending more money once youve moved in.
8) New homes tend to be built as communities rather than as a one-off so a community will be established. It can be hard to move to a new place if others have lived there for a long time but with a new build you will all be new-comers with the chance to build up a community from scratch. The location of new builds are often fantastic, with close proximity to shops, schools, transport links and local amenities you will have all you need on your doorstep.
9) Moving home can be incredibly stressful. With a new build home it doesnt have to be. Buying a new home saves you all the stress and delays usually associated with moving such as surveys and waiting for the occupiers to move out. Once the house is built you move straight in- as simple as that.
10) And finally, buying new means that you can get a brand new home, just the way you want it. If you reserve before the building is finished then you can add personal touches such as carpet, tiling and paint colours.
Have your say on this story using the comment section below