Home » New Homes » Taylor Wimpey offers a helping hand to first-time buyers at The Bridge

Taylor Wimpey offers a helping hand to first-time buyers at The Bridge

The two amazing initiatives give a huge helping hand to those who would otherwise struggle to secure a mortgage, by providing a choice of great-value loans that can dramatically reduce the amount needed as an initial investment, and the sum necessary to secure as a mortgage.

For example, the shared equity scheme co-funded by Taylor Wimpey, means buyers can purchase a brand new home worth £144,995 with a mortgage of as little as £101,500!

Under the scheme, qualifying customers can secure 100% of their new home for just 70% of the purchase price. The remaining 30% is covered by the co-funded loan which acts as a deposit and is interest free for the first 10 years.

Alternatively, Taylor Wimpey’s Deposit Match incentive is available, through which buyers who can put down a deposit of up to 10% of the purchase price of their brand new property will have their down-payment matched by the house-builder – and with one-bedroom apartments available under the scheme ranging from £144,995 to £150,000 this could be worth more than £14,000!

As well as giving those who have saved a deposit a great reason to choose a brand new home, the Deposit Match scheme is also popular with parents supporting their children in purchasing their first home.

Mark Pajak, Regional Sales and Marketing Director for Taylor Wimpey, says: "Our fantastic shared equity incentives make it even easier for first-time buyers to find their dream home at The Bridge.

"Not only do they reduce the need to spend months or even years saving for a substantial initial investment in their new home, but they can also give access to a wider range of mortgages – thereby saving thousands of pounds now and in the future.

"These strictly limited offers are available on selected apartments only, so anyone hoping to take advantage should get in touch before it’s too late!"

Fast-moving property seekers can take their pick from a choice of three stylish one-bedroom apartments <http://www.georgewimpey.co.uk/newhomes/South+East/TheBridge/SwallowsCourt1bedApartment-Plot402/>  available under the incentives, each boasting a contemporary open-plan kitchen/living/dining room, a spacious bathroom, a good-sized bedroom and a handy storage closet off the private entrance hallway.

Each apartment also benefits from access to a private terrace from both the living area and bedroom, plus allocated parking outside, and is completed to a high standard specification including central heating, double glazing and fitted kitchen with integrated oven, hob and hood.

Prices for the trio of homes range from £144,995 to £150,000 and could therefore be secured by qualifying first-time buyers under the shared equity scheme with mortgages of between £101,500 and £105,000.

Part of the ongoing Thames Gateway regeneration, The Bridge enjoys a peaceful position on the edge of Dartford and offers stunning views across the River Thames to the iconic QEII Bridge.

As well as offering sustainable living in a wide range of homes with unique contemporary architecture and gorgeous interiors, the community also benefits from a primary school which opened in September 2009, a nursery, youth centre, library and meeting rooms – all part of the Learning and Community Campus – plus shops, a hotel and 80 acres of public open space, parks and lakes.

The development is supported by excellent public transport, pedestrian and cycle links including a Fastrack bus service to Dartford, where zone 1 travel is free for residents of The Bridge, Bluewater shopping centre and railway stations at Dartford, Greenhithe, Gravesend and Ebbsfleet.

And Ebbsfleet International has now begun frequent, 18-minute services to London St Pancras and is the UK’s fastest route to mainland Europe – just 125 minutes to Paris, 101 minutes to Brussels and 70 minutes to Lille.

To find out more about Taylor Wimpey’s shared equity schemes at The Bridge, visit the Sales Centre, located off Marsh Street North, Dartford, and open Thursday to Monday from 10am to 5pm. Alternatively, the Sales Executive can be contacted on 0845 026 3678.

Information on all Taylor Wimpey developments across the region is available by calling 01732 836000, or by visiting the website at www.taylorwimpey.co.uk