Following last year’s coldest winter for 30 years Halifax is demonstrating its commitment to helping borrowers by contributing towards the costs of keeping their home warm this autumn. Customers who take out a new mortgage or remortgage between 4th October and 5th November are able to benefit.
The key features of the offer are:
• Halifax will pay £500 towards energy costs.
• The offer is available on all Halifax First Time Buyer, Homemover and Remortgage products
• Available from 4th October until 5th November 2010
• The money will be paid directly to the energy supplier on provision of a current utility bill
• Available through Halifax directly in branch, online or by phone
Stephen Noakes, commercial director of mortgages at Halifax, said:
"We are committed to helping make homeownership easier for first time buyers, homemovers and remortgagers alike. There are numerous costs incurred with setting up or running a home and energy bills usually represent a significant chunk of household’s monthly outgoings. Households will be able to save between four and six months’ costs by using this offer.”
Have your say on this story using the comment section below