To help make the home buying process easier, Nationwide has launched the First Time Buyers’ Guide via its free interactive website, Nationwide Education:
The guide – which is independent of Nationwide’s products and services, and the first interactive book of its kind – provides a comprehensive breakdown of everything a buyer needs to know when purchasing their first home, and includes:
– the pros and cons of buying and renting
– 12 easy-to-understand steps to buying a first home
– a comprehensive glossary explaining property buying ‘jargon’ in simple language
– a ten point action plan on buying a house and moving in
– suggested questions to ask a mortgage adviser
– a list of useful contacts detailing where to go for further questions and advice
– a ‘read aloud’ function for those who would rather listen to the guide.
Caroline Hallatt, Nationwide’s head of corporate responsibility, said: "The amount of information available on home buying can be quite overwhelming. We wanted to help first time buyers by giving them an overview of what they need to know in every day language and to make it available all in one place. This guide is fully independent of Nationwide products and services and is designed to help anyone considering buying or renting their first home."
Have your say on this story using the comment section below.