Shona, 31, bought her first flat aged just 24 and has managed to juggle her growing property portfolio alongside a full-time job and raising a young family.
Now with a portfolio of beautifully-maintained properties in Sheffield, Shona’s motivation to succeed has never wavered. Even when recently diagnosed with the debilitating myotonic dystrophy, her desire to achieve something for both herself and her family has stayed strong.
She said: "I am now more motivated than ever to build up my buy-to-let portfolio while I am young and still healthy…and will be looking to buy more properties in the near future."
The Awards were presented by property addict and TV presenter Melissa Porter, who praised the winner.
She said: "Shona is a truly inspirational woman who has proved that through hard work and determination absolutely anything is possible.
"Her positive attitude and business sense has seen her rise up the property ladder, despite the adversity of the current market place, to establish herself as a worthy winner who is proud to fly the flag for women in property."
The NLA Property Women Awards 2009 winners:
* NLA East Midlands Property Woman – Tracey Abbiss
* NLA East of England Property Woman – Christeen Wilson
* NLA London Property Woman – Valerie Pierres
* NLA North East Property Woman – Anne Jackson
* NLA North West Property Woman – Sylvia Marrs
* NLA Scotland Property Woman – Gerry Whelan
* NLA South East Property Woman – Susan Hainsby
* NLA South West Property Woman – Fiona Macaskill
* NLA Wales Property Woman – Elizabeth Paterson
* NLA West Midlands Property Woman – Glenda Houston
* NLA Yorkshire & Humber Property Woman – Shona Davison
* NLA Young Property Woman – Elaine Duthie
* NLA Green Property Woman – Kathryn Nevell
NLA Chairman David Salusbury said: "The aim of the NLA Property Women Awards was always to celebrate successful business women who are making their mark and transforming the private-rented sector. With Shona Davison we’ve certainly found someone who embodies all of those qualities.
"We hope Shona’s story will inspire other women to look to property as an investment for the future, as these awards identified it’s certainly an area women are thriving in!
"This year’s winners have been truly amazing. I really can’t wait to see what amazing stories the 2010 awards will uncover."
Have your say on this story using the comment section below