Home » Insurance » Insurance help for those affected by riots

Insurance help for those affected by riots

Commercial insurance policies will normally cover businesses for damage to their premises, including the financial loss due to interruption to their business as a result.  Some policies will also cover those businesses which are not damaged, but whose trade is affected by the aftermath.

Graeme Trudgill, BIBA’s Head of Corporate Affairs, said: "We want to do everything we can to help those affected.  It is important for people to contact their insurance broker to arrange for immediate help and support and to make the affected property as secure as possible."

Steve Foulsham, BIBA’s Technical Services Manager, said: "The majority of insurance providers operate a 24 hour claims line and can help people arrange for emergency repairs and the damage to be inspected as quickly as possible."

Have your say on this story using the comment section below

One thought on “Insurance help for those affected by riots

  1. Leslie says:

    A few rowdy teenagers get loose and start ruining people’s businesses and livelihoods… How they think this will improve anyone’s situation, I don’t know.

Comments are closed.