So here are Towergate Risk Solutions Poole top tips to help you have a trouble-free bonfire night:
Check with your insurance broker that you are insured for damage to both your property and neighbouring property in the event of:
– Windows shattering
– Garden damage
– Spreading fire risk
– Theft from your home if it is left open for guests (occupancy warranty)
– Thatched properties – are you covered if a firework lands on your roof?
– Also check that you are covered for injury to guests
Always follow the firework code:
• When buying fireworks, make sure they comply with BS 7114 and are clearly marked for their intended use "Indoor, Garden or Display"
• Keep fireworks in a tin or box and remove them one at a time.
• Follow the instructions carefully, reading them by torch light, never by a flame.
• Only use a special firework lighter or taper and stand at arms length to light.
• Make sure all other people are standing well back when lighting fireworks.
• NEVER return to a lit firework as it could explode in your face
• Keep all pets in doors – exercise them well earlier in the day
• DO NOT throw fireworks.
• DO NOT put fireworks in your pocket
• Keep water close to the fireworks/bonfire as a precaution
• Teach children not to wave sparklers near anyone else or run while holding them
Have your say on this story using the comment section below.