With hotel room availability in the city during the Olympics almost non-existent at this stage, short term property rentals in London are proving very popular and Zoopla.co.uk has seen an increase of 161% in searches for the term ‘Olympics’ on its website over the past four weeks alone, a trend that is almost certain to grow over the coming months.
With almost 1,000 properties in London currently listed to rent during the Olympic period, there is a vast range of options to select, from a one-bedroom flat for £200 per week within walking distance of the Olympic Stadium to a six-bedroom house in trendy Notting Hill for £30,000 per week.
Nick Leeming, Business Development Director, Zoopla.co.uk said: “International demand for short-term property lets in London over the summer is set to be fierce. With hotel rooms having been booked out months, and in some cases years, in advance short-term property rentals are a great alternative. And many London homeowners looking to escape the capital during the Games are offering up their homes as a way to cash in.”
Zoopla’s top 5 tips for international visitors looking to secure an Olympic rental:
1. Use a reputable lettings agent, such as one listed on Zoopla.co.uk
2. Be prepared to make a quick decision to avoid any disappointment
3. Have all relevant references & identification paperwork needed ready
4. Check the location & nearest transport links using Zoopla map view
5. Make sure any deposit paid is protected by a tenant deposit scheme
Have your say on this story using the comment section below