* Wales experienced the greatest monthly rise with an increase of 0.5%;
* The North East experienced the greatest annual price fall with a decrease of 3.2%;
* Yorkshire & The Humber saw the most significant monthly price fall with a decrease of 2.2%;
* The most up-to-date figures available show that during July 2012, the number of completed house sales in England and Wales decreased by 9% to 56,509 compared with 62,303 in July 2011;
* The number of properties sold in England and Wales for over £1million in July 2012 increased by 13% to 817 from 725 in July 2011.
Have your say on this story using the comment section below