The region in England and Wales which experienced the greatest increase in its average property value over the last 12 months is London with a movement of 6.3%.
* Wales experienced the greatest monthly rise with a movement of 3.6%;
* The region with the greatest annual price fall is Yorkshire & The Humber with a decrease of 0.9%;
* The South West saw the most significant monthly price fall with a decrease of 0.8%;
* The most up-to-date figures available show that during December 2012, the number of completed house sales in England and Wales decreased by 15% to 53,860 compared with 63,600 in December 2011;
* The number of properties sold in England and Wales for over £1million in December 2012 increased by 19% to 598 from 501 in December 2011;
* The only region to see an increase in repossessions was London with an increase of 3% (December 2012 compared with December 2011).
Have your say on this story using the comment section below