“Autumn is a great time to get out there and see what is available before everyone gets bogged down with thinking about Christmas,” said Harrison Murray managing director Nick Salmon.
“Our message to buyers and sellers is ‘don’t hold back’ – if moving is on your mind then take steps to make it happen!”
Throughout its 18 branches, Harrison Murray assists numerous customers through the selling and buying journey, with instant access to up-to-the-minute mortgage deals and lender information helping to make it as smooth as possible.
Here are some tips that may help:
– Sell your property through a reputable agent, preferably one who is, like Harrison Murray, a member of the Property Ombudsman scheme and the National Association of Estate Agents.
– Decide on a definite location – how far are you willing to commute, what are the local schools like, is there a GP surgery on your doorstep, is there a bus service into town?
– Always take a list of questions with you to ask at a viewing.
– Do your homework – take a drive around the area as well as checking out the local amenities.
– If you know it is right – move fast and put in an offer.
– Above all, liaise closely with your estate agent.
Have your say on this story using the comment section below